Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hexie, Siggy, Christmas Through the Year and MAIL!!!

I received this soft, squishy package from Portugal...
and was so surprised!  I was getting a Pay it Forward ready for Teresa and I receive mail from her (I forgot I had signed her PIF to begin with).  Look at the beautiful gifts I received!
 
A gorgeous colorful round mat (it's on my daughter's library chair....and she'd like it to stay there), a pretty pillow that will look great in my bedroom, a zippered bag that is lined and has pockets (I need to learn how to do that) and has  lovely scented soap inside, an apron from Portugal which fits nicely and little ornaments.  Thanks so much Teresa, I'll treasure them all! 

I then received another package...
from Melody in Melborne.
 
I love the little house!  The stitching is beautiful and such detail...even little buttons and a pieced background.  Doesn't it look great hanging on the mantle.  Thank you Melody! This is from the12 inch mini quilt swap hosted by Cheryll.
 
 
I also received this pretty siggy from Rita in Italy.
 
 
Thank you for this wonderful siggy, I loved the fabric you used.  My siggy for you will be in the mail tomorrow.  Sorry it took so long to finish.
 
And here's my Christmas through the Year...a Mini quilt
 
 
and I've almost finished 2 snowmen and 1 snowflake wall hangings/runners.
 
Now for my hexie:  1 plus 5 pieces of one hidden in the Christmas things(by angels).  Would you believe my daughter's been trying to get me to finish a Christmas/winter wall hanging?
 
 
I guess ghosts don't go well with the angels and Nativity set.
Please stop by and visit Karen who hosts One Flower Wednesday and see all the flowers blooming.
 
Maybe I should keep up with posting so they wouldn't be sooooo longgggg.
 
Happy Stitching!
Danette
 
 


13 comments:

Cheryll said...

Oh YOU have been BuSY! Love all the goodies going and coming too!
HaPPy BirTHDaY to YoU TOO!

Hilachas said...

Oh yes. I finally found the hexie. Wow, you have been busy and accomplished so much. WTG!

Karen said...

Lots of wonderful gifts Danette and your mini quilt is fabulous, love the border fabric. Sweet flower too!

Anonymous said...

lots of lovely gifts there and your mini is lovely.xx

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Such lovely gifts you got from all your swap partners and you have been busy making lovelies too.....your Christmas tree mini is gorgeous.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Nice, hope your week went well,Happy Birthday see you soon.

Anthea said...

Hi Danette, oh a long post doesn't hurt, especially when it's full of eye-candy like this post!
I adore that mini from Melody, she is a fine stitcher...
And yes, I do just spy the hexy on the table... :)

Maria said...

Seems you have been busy with squishies comeing and going...
Love you minis and flowers.

Mary said...

It is fun to wee the lovelies you have received. Hope to see you soon.

Quilter Raised in the South said...

Looks like that sweet little angel is holding the hexie! I love this time of year, all the holidays, don't you? busy and fun.

Melody said...

So glad you liked your little Christmas house. I loved making it for you. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I loved all the little goodies you got from Portugal! And that mini quilt house looks so beautiful on our mantel!
Oh and you know I love your Halloween quilt, too cute!
love you!

Heather said...

I love the ghost quilt!