Sunday, April 6, 2014

FNwF and Two Mini Swaps

I just glanced at my blog and realized I haven't posted since the last FNwF.  I continued working on the same project as last month, but I have now completed all the border blocks and in about an hour I'll have 33 of the 48 Log Cabin Blocks needed for the center of the quilt. I haven't started on the corner pieces yet, but there's only FOUR corners right?

I have received two wonderful minis.  The first one is from Terry at QUILTY-TF (click here). 




Isn't it pretty?! The colors are so bright and cheery! After our long winter here it really brightens things up.  Look at the detail - the pretty flowers have dragonflies on them. Thank you Terry for the mini and all the goodies! 
This was an Easter mini swap Hosted by Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' (click here). Thank you Cheryl for another great swap.

The next beautiful mini is from Ida of My Sister made Me do it (click here)



I love tulips, they're my favorite Spring flower.  Right now, this beautifully pieced tulip is the only one around.  Most of the snow is gone, but we haven't been warm enough for the flowers to come up.  Usually by now the Spring flowers are blooming, adding color to the dreary landscape.  I love the pink rick rack around the mini and the cute little stitched bee.  Thank you also for the goodies...



Thanks to Terry and Ida for bringing a touch of Spring to my home.

I've been taking a few classes and need to take pictures of what I've been stitching.... BUT I hear my Log Cabin Blocks calling ' come finish me'!


Bye for now and Happy Stitching!

18 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely mini's you received.... and great you are making progress with your own blocks...
Hugz

Wendy said...

such cute minis you received in the swaps.

Cheryll said...

Goregous MiNi's in both swaps! After the Easter holidays...you'll have a display for Spring all ready waiting to go up! :)

Anonymous said...

Such lovely minis you have received Danette,these swaps are so much fun.xx

Helen said...

Lovely minis to brighten your home !

Needled Mom said...

It's so nice to have such nice minis to feel the spring in your home.

Bev C said...

Hello Danette,

Love your Spring goodies, good luck with your blocks.

Happy Monday
Bev.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...lovely minis...

Kathleen Wall said...

Looks like soon we will see a post of the finished log cabin quilt. It's going to be gorgeous. Keep sewing and stitching:)

Valspierssews said...

Beautiful minis. There is something very appealing about mini quilts. I love the tulip too.

http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/fnwf-friday-night-with-friends.html

Just Sew Sue said...

They are both beautiful.

Just Sew Sue said...

They are both beautiful.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Good to see you here again,what lovely spring mini to brighten up the long winter. Noe if I can find my camer cable to upload my pictures for this month FNWF. Have a good day jinnie

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Beautiful minis.

debbie said...

Lovely minis you received. It's been a long, hot summer here and I am so ready for some cooler weather now! xx debbie

Christine said...

You'll knock those corners over in no time! How gorgeous and spring feeling your gifts are. Lucky girl. :)

Anthea said...

a bit late of me, but these are so sweet, such pretty minis... hope you are keeping well Danette xx

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Such beautiful minis.