Tuesday, April 12, 2011

For the Birds





It's a beautiful sunny day; trees are budding, daffodils blooming, birds are singing and I finished Patrick Loose's spring hanging ... except for a sleeve on the back for hanging (notice the handy magnetic clip).  This was a great project to do - very quick and colorful.  It's the first time I used a close zigzag (satin stitch?) to applique.  By the time I appliqued the last flower I was getting the hang of it, hopefully I'll remember what I did for next time.  I should probably put paper by the sewing machine to take notes.




Awesome Autumn is another Patrick Loose pattern I did last the fall. I really enjoyed this project and the colors were so vibrant! It looked great on the front door.

1 comment:

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Your wall hanging looks good. I just have to put the back on mine. see you